which one is better? JPM or Deutsche?
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 狮城财经 | 本帖共有 10 楼,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 : 本帖树形列表 : 刷新 : 返回上一页
<<始页  [1]  末页>>
作者:东风41 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:192) 发表:2006-03-24 15:43:26  楼主  关注此帖
which one is better? JPM or Deutsche?
Hi experts there,
I got two offers. One is JP Morgan, Analyst in their IB technology department, and the other one is middel office at deutsche to support option and hybrid desk. which one shld I take?

btw, I have signed with JPM, is it ok to reject them? Thank you very much for ur reading.

Cheers
Put your OWN COOL signature here!
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版只看此人从这里展开收起列表
作者:flyover (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:93) 发表:2006-03-24 17:25:24  2楼 评分:
Congratulations!
What's the job scope of the Analyst in Tech department of JPM? System development and application support? If so, it looks the Deutsche position is closer to the core business.

Anyway, I am too junior in this area. I also want to hear experts' ideas.

Cheers.

作者:Economist (等级:5 - 略有小成,发帖:1639) 发表:2006-03-24 23:11:32  3楼
give me one!! T_T
i agree with flyover's comments.

Btw, if u reject JPM, they might blacklist u...it's not so good to break the contract.

bt u can always negotiate with them..
作者:ropin (等级:4 - 马马虎虎,发帖:1126) 发表:2006-03-25 00:50:05  4楼 评分:
I would say Deutsche.
So far, most of the ppl I know who are working in IT departments of banks are trying to switch line. Guess you'll follow that path too if you go to JPM. As a result, it's better to choose Deutsche cuz it's more relevant to your future moves.
作者:神州六号 (等级:5 - 略有小成,发帖:1741) 发表:2006-03-25 01:52:39  5楼 评分:
What kind of job is this exactly?
Perhaps, you would like to explain into more details as to the job functions and job resposiblities.

It sounds to me more like a technology support for market maker of options such as european covered warrants. Is this an IT job?

Please correct me if I am wrong!
作者:东风41 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:192) 发表:2006-03-25 16:08:44  6楼
What kind of job is this exactly?Perhaps, you would like to explain into more details as to the job functions and job resposiblities. It sounds to me more like a technology support for market maker of options such as european covered warrants. Is this an IT job? Please correct me if I am wrong!
more info
Thanks for all of your advices.

The JP Role is to provide support for front office whenever they got issues with their trading and risk system. solve issues with system and pricing, etc.

The DB role is different from conventional middle office, below is the JD.

Verification of Exotic + Structured Derivative trade capture.
Manual fixing of the more complex derivatives
Liaison with Settlements and Documentation groups to resolve queries.
Close liaison with the Front Office, Market Risk Management, Global Valuations & Operations
Ownership of all Market Data processes.
Continual Change the Bank development to reduce the level of manual intervention required in the work flow.

作者:blur_girl (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:156) 发表:2006-03-25 18:20:13  7楼 评分:
more infoThanks for all of your advices. The JP Role is to provide support for front office whenever they got issues with their trading and risk system. solve issues with system and pricing, etc. The DB role is different from conventional middle office, below is the JD. Verification of Exotic + Structured Derivative trade capture. Manual fixing of the more complex derivatives Liaison with Settlements and Documentation groups to resolve queries. Close liaison with the Front Office, Market Risk Management, Global Valuations & Operations Ownership of all Market Data processes. Continual Change the Bank development to reduce the level of manual intervention required in the work flow.
hi
read your description for your DB role. To me it is more like trade support, meaning you liase with front office and back office settlements team to help settlement of the trade...im not very sure if im correct or not...

i think it depends on what is your interest. if you you are really an IT person, you like programming stuff, you should go for JP morgan one...you will be surprised that IT analyst get paid well in i bank...and career path is promising.

well, if you simply wants to stay in i bank...then go for second role...
like those pple say, it is the business side...

thank you.
作者:flyover (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:93) 发表:2006-03-25 21:25:54  8楼
hiread your description for your DB role. To me it is more like trade support, meaning you liase with front office and back office settlements team to help settlement of the trade...im not very sure if im correct or not... i think it depends on what is your interest. if you you are really an IT person, you like programming stuff, you should go for JP morgan one...you will be surprised that IT analyst get paid well in i bank...and career path is promising. well, if you simply wants to stay in i bank...then go for second role... like those pple say, it is the business side... thank you.
I'm not surprised that IT ppl get well paid in IB
That's the truth.

Just as my friend said, "那是有技术含量的" haha
作者:ropin (等级:4 - 马马虎虎,发帖:1126) 发表:2006-03-25 22:23:52  9楼
I'm not surprised that IT ppl get well paid in IBThat's the truth. Just as my friend said, "那是有技术含量的" haha
depends on how big your ambition is and which group of ppl u r benchmarking :)
作者:EPCU (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:160) 发表:2006-03-26 00:54:19  10楼
DOES NOT MATTER.......
i am sure you dont know what exactly these 2 jobs are and what will you do, even worse, you may not even know what you like to do and what you can do in an IB, otherwise you wont bother to ask here.

So just throw a coin, take whichever it tells you, it is easy to change to another job if you have exp in these 2.

( If majority of people suggest you take one, i suggest you take the other one, i think that people love trading will understand this... hahaha )
论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 狮城财经 | 返回上一页 | 本主题共有 10 篇文章,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 | 回到顶部
<<始页  [1]  末页>>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码