Kula, Geil Memory question.
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 技术の宅 | 本帖共有 35 楼,当前显示第 12 楼 : 从楼主开始阅读 : 本帖树形列表 : 返回上一页
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-16 02:43:59  12楼 
very good work :), I'm trying to cool the membut i cannot find a suitable "active" cooler for mem, :( I really want to have a look how you make it. last night i tried 270*9, 1:1, 3600MB/s, and it hangs my system when I play chancast, an emulator for DC, It only hangs on a specific background, which requires full load of CPU floating point arithmetic, after entering that sence, it hangs after around 10s. when i switch back to 250*10, it works fine. I disabled pagefile on win xp, sp2. Tonite i will enable it and test again. but i think maybe we can try to use higher voltage on CPU and HyperTransport and northBridge, I checked a lot forums and find someone do some hard mod on MB to get 3.1V for mem. There are many settings one can tweak from hardware to software, we need to try them out:) following link shows a vtt mod for kv8pro http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38946
you oc your graphic card at the same time? I find the bios AGP 2 options default
is disabled, you can try to turn on them to see if any stability gain and performance drop and decide.Also i find the nv refresh rate lock maybe a problem for this case. and i use powerstrip maybe also a reason for hang. any alternative solution with same function of powerstrip? i can not find the right crack for that. For memory 273Mhz @2.8V 3-4-4-8 with my home-made cooling, yesterday i tested the prime95 memory torture test. I stopped it after around 19 hours without any errors. i find in this speed the best CAS bootable into windows is 2.5 the the best timing i find is 2.5-4-4-10. the 4-4 can not be tweaked further and the command is auto in my setting( it is actually in 2T mode since if i mannul set 1T even can not show agp screen). for the 10 cycle time in 2.5-4-4-10, it is the most efficient way and give you the best performance for L1&L2 cache under sciencemark 2.0, but it doestn't boost any memory throughoutput under sandra. I will test the 2.5-4-4-10 timing today to see the stability.
Put your OWN COOL signature here!
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版只看此人从这里展开收起列表

本帖共有 35 楼,当前显示第 12 楼,本文还有 N-1 层楼,要不你试试看:点击此处阅读更多 >>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码