Kula, Geil Memory question.
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 技术の宅 | 本帖共有 35 楼,分 2 页, 当前显示第 1 页 : 本帖树形列表 : 刷新 : 返回上一页
<<始页  [1]  2    末页>>
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-14 16:43:38  楼主  关注此帖
Kula, Geil Memory question.
How is your Geil Memory module, what is the highest fsb can you achieve in 1:1 ratio? mine i can get is work as 2.5-4-4-7 at 275Mhz under 2.8v, boot to windows successfully with 275*9=2475Mhz, i have not done any detailed testing yet, only use prime95 to run the blend testing, the machine can keep running 1-3 hours before errors. i try to change to 280Mhz, it can not even display the agp screen and i have to reset the bios. i check the online Geil pc4400 it is running at 3-4-4-8 at 275Mhz with the same chips, but if i change to 3-4-4-8 timing, it is also not stable & even worse. 1-2 hour it will fail.i think the reason is that the abit board k8vpro can only support 2.8v mem voltage so far. i am not sure if abit will release newer bios to support higher voltage for memory(the Geil's working voltage 2.6v-3.1v). now the sandra test result for 2.5-4-4-7 275Mhz is 3700+MB/s and 3-4-4-8 3670MB/s both with 84% efficiency. if it can work stably with 275*9, i will use it rather than push the cpu to 2500Mhz+ with a multiplier @ 10 so that i can utilize the Geil High quality memory module(as i find for my cg stepping athlon64, if speed is faster than 2500Mhz, the whole system will be very hard to be cool down so the cpu itself is a bottleneck for further OC instead of the memory sub system).

do you have any idea and suggestion on that? and thank you for the first post to show me the right way to get a athlon64 cpu board and memory although now i have not tuned it to the optimal status.

Keep in touch, it seems only 2 of us in the forum are using athlon64 and interested in system peformance tuning.
Put your OWN COOL signature here!
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版只看此人从这里展开收起列表
作者:Kula (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:22073) 发表:2004-09-14 20:33:22  2楼 评分:
great utilization :D
GEIL have 2 kinds of high freq memory, one is called Platinum, one is called golen dragon, what we bought should be golden dragon, Platinum is slightly better, and have pure copper heat sink.

It's hard for Geil to be stable at 260 for 2.65V, i need to try it out. Geil says they use 4ns chip, but i really doubt that.
3-4-4-8 seems not a good timing for geil, any other setting seems fail if it working above 250 other than 2.5-4-4-7.

but i heard someone says Abit's mohterboards have the compatibility problem with memory...dunt know it is true or it can be applied to GEIL.
as far as i know, Abit only support up to 2.8V, the actural Voltage is about 2.86. what we can do is to wait...
or try to find some modded bios :P.

3700+MB/s is great, you know those expensive chip which can do 1T command is about 3850MB.

Geez, 2-2-2-5 at DDR 400, 3-4-4-8 at DDR 650 (TCCD, 1G cost S$699)
I learnt someone get a FX53 and OC to 320 * 10 with TCCD, 7100MB+/s...

Keep in touch , there are always more to explor for hardwares :)
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-14 22:45:44  3楼
great utilization :DGEIL have 2 kinds of high freq memory, one is called Platinum, one is called golen dragon, what we bought should be golden dragon, Platinum is slightly better, and have pure copper heat sink. It's hard for Geil to be stable at 260 for 2.65V, i need to try it out. Geil says they use 4ns chip, but i really doubt that. 3-4-4-8 seems not a good timing for geil, any other setting seems fail if it working above 250 other than 2.5-4-4-7. but i heard someone says Abit's mohterboards have the compatibility problem with memory...dunt know it is true or it can be applied to GEIL. as far as i know, Abit only support up to 2.8V, the actural Voltage is about 2.86. what we can do is to wait... or try to find some modded bios :P. 3700+MB/s is great, you know those expensive chip which can do 1T command is about 3850MB. Geez, 2-2-2-5 at DDR 400, 3-4-4-8 at DDR 650 (TCCD, 1G cost S$699) I learnt someone get a FX53 and OC to 320 * 10 with TCCD, 7100MB+/s... Keep in touch , there are always more to explo
Our one is GeIL Ultra Platinum PC4000 500MHz Dual Channel DDR Kit
http://www.geilusa.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=24 actually I take some shot for the memory, the code is "GL1GB4000DC". It can be easily recognized in my photos, I also bought them from Bells, so i believe yours are the same ones with mine. GeIL Ultra Platinum PC4000 500MHz Dual Channel DDR Kit Available only in 512MB (2X256MB) and 1GB (2X512MB) Dual Channel DDR Kits. 184pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered, high performance DDR memory modules. GeIL 3.5ns 32x8 Density DDR Chip. 6 Layers Ultra Low Noises Shielded PCB with Gold 30u" Plating. Optimized SPD for Intel 875/865 chipset Dual Channel DDR motherboards. Platinum Copper Heat Spreader. Lifetime Warranty . CAS 2.5 7-4-4 @ DDR500MHz PC4000 2.6V-3.1V Retail package with clear acrylic case. Newest innovation design Temperature Thermometers allows users to monitor the temperature of their memory modules.
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-14 23:03:09  4楼
great utilization :DGEIL have 2 kinds of high freq memory, one is called Platinum, one is called golen dragon, what we bought should be golden dragon, Platinum is slightly better, and have pure copper heat sink. It's hard for Geil to be stable at 260 for 2.65V, i need to try it out. Geil says they use 4ns chip, but i really doubt that. 3-4-4-8 seems not a good timing for geil, any other setting seems fail if it working above 250 other than 2.5-4-4-7. but i heard someone says Abit's mohterboards have the compatibility problem with memory...dunt know it is true or it can be applied to GEIL. as far as i know, Abit only support up to 2.8V, the actural Voltage is about 2.86. what we can do is to wait... or try to find some modded bios :P. 3700+MB/s is great, you know those expensive chip which can do 1T command is about 3850MB. Geez, 2-2-2-5 at DDR 400, 3-4-4-8 at DDR 650 (TCCD, 1G cost S$699) I learnt someone get a FX53 and OC to 320 * 10 with TCCD, 7100MB+/s... Keep in touch , there are always more to explo
I think now the heat for Mem is not a problem any more
since I add a home-made memory cooling system for this guy. i find the abit k8vpro 2 mem slots are so close to each other. the inside heat is hard to be blowed off. I use an old coolermaster cpu fan to attach on the memory, and a small cable to fasten it. now even @275Mhz full load for memory, i can not feel it warm when i use hand to tough it( of course, i need to clear the static first by touching the casing :-).) if you are insterested my work, i can take a photo of it, after i finish that i feel the cpu temp is also affected--cooled down by around 8-10 degree. now for the system since i will not oc the cpu further and the heat is not a problem for memory, i believe any instability is caused the hardware physical quality and bios settings (also maybe the microsoft OS disability but yet i have not tested the pc under linux or solaris). now the pc sometimes hangs when playing games @275*9 v cpu@1.55 mem@2.80. I think maybe it is caused by the nvidia driver or ms directx but not very sure if it is caused by hardware settings. do u have any ideas? how about your system? so far any system crash or hang or bluescreen or application crash?
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-14 23:05:44  5楼
do u know any tools can test wether the power supply is stable and qualified?
作者:banmao (等级:4 - 马马虎虎,发帖:105) 发表:2004-09-15 05:29:26  6楼
Low latency is more important
I suggest you to run at latency 2-2-2-5 ranther than achieving high frequency st 3-4-4-8. The real working condition of memory may not be the same as th test, which is usually burst read rather than large scale continuous read.
作者:Kula (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:22073) 发表:2004-09-15 14:38:50  7楼
I think now the heat for Mem is not a problem any moresince I add a home-made memory cooling system for this guy. i find the abit k8vpro 2 mem slots are so close to each other. the inside heat is hard to be blowed off. I use an old coolermaster cpu fan to attach on the memory, and a small cable to fasten it. now even @275Mhz full load for memory, i can not feel it warm when i use hand to tough it( of course, i need to clear the static first by touching the casing :-).) if you are insterested my work, i can take a photo of it, after i finish that i feel the cpu temp is also affected--cooled down by around 8-10 degree. now for the system since i will not oc the cpu further and the heat is not a problem for memory, i believe any instability is caused the hardware physical quality and bios settings (also maybe the microsoft OS disability but yet i have not tested the pc under linux or solaris). now the pc sometimes hangs when playing games @275*9 v cpu@1.55 mem@2.80. I think maybe it is caused by the nvidia drive (more...)
very good work :), I'm trying to cool the mem
but i cannot find a suitable "active" cooler for mem, :(
I really want to have a look how you make it.

last night i tried 270*9, 1:1, 3600MB/s, and it hangs my system when I play chancast, an emulator for DC, It only hangs on a specific background, which requires full load of CPU floating point arithmetic, after entering that sence, it hangs after around 10s. when i switch back to 250*10, it works fine.

I disabled pagefile on win xp, sp2. Tonite i will enable it and test again.

but i think maybe we can try to use higher voltage on CPU and HyperTransport and northBridge, I checked a lot forums and find someone do some hard mod on MB to get 3.1V for mem.

There are many settings one can tweak from hardware to software, we need to try them out:)

following link shows a vtt mod for kv8pro

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38946

作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-15 21:20:31  8楼
very good work :), I'm trying to cool the membut i cannot find a suitable "active" cooler for mem, :( I really want to have a look how you make it. last night i tried 270*9, 1:1, 3600MB/s, and it hangs my system when I play chancast, an emulator for DC, It only hangs on a specific background, which requires full load of CPU floating point arithmetic, after entering that sence, it hangs after around 10s. when i switch back to 250*10, it works fine. I disabled pagefile on win xp, sp2. Tonite i will enable it and test again. but i think maybe we can try to use higher voltage on CPU and HyperTransport and northBridge, I checked a lot forums and find someone do some hard mod on MB to get 3.1V for mem. There are many settings one can tweak from hardware to software, we need to try them out:) following link shows a vtt mod for kv8pro http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38946
what is your msn email? I can send you the shots.
most of them are big size, and even I resize I can not find any online pic lib yet.
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-15 21:29:41  9楼
Low latency is more importantI suggest you to run at latency 2-2-2-5 ranther than achieving high frequency st 3-4-4-8. The real working condition of memory may not be the same as th test, which is usually burst read rather than large scale continuous read.
Any articles on this timing issue? Can share some with me?
I am interested in this. thank you for your advice.
作者:Kula (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:22073) 发表:2004-09-16 00:11:35  10楼
what is your msn email? I can send you the shots.most of them are big size, and even I resize I can not find any online pic lib yet.
kula2k4@hotmail.com, thank you very much
作者:Kula (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:22073) 发表:2004-09-16 00:20:06  11楼
I think now the heat for Mem is not a problem any moresince I add a home-made memory cooling system for this guy. i find the abit k8vpro 2 mem slots are so close to each other. the inside heat is hard to be blowed off. I use an old coolermaster cpu fan to attach on the memory, and a small cable to fasten it. now even @275Mhz full load for memory, i can not feel it warm when i use hand to tough it( of course, i need to clear the static first by touching the casing :-).) if you are insterested my work, i can take a photo of it, after i finish that i feel the cpu temp is also affected--cooled down by around 8-10 degree. now for the system since i will not oc the cpu further and the heat is not a problem for memory, i believe any instability is caused the hardware physical quality and bios settings (also maybe the microsoft OS disability but yet i have not tested the pc under linux or solaris). now the pc sometimes hangs when playing games @275*9 v cpu@1.55 mem@2.80. I think maybe it is caused by the nvidia drive (more...)
today i tried aquamark3, and failed for 270*9 1:1
at pixcle shader and vertex shader test, it hangs
285* 9 / 6:5 fail at same point (hangs)
255* 10/ 1:1 fail at same point (hangs)
250* 10 pass

For 3D mark 2003

270*9 1:1 fail at 2nd test, beginning (hangs)
285*9 6:5 fail at 2nd test, black sence (hangs)
255*10 1:1 pass all game tests but fails cpu feature test (program reports error and terminate)

250*10 pass

so...i think right now, 250*10 suitable for me, with mem 3400MB/s :)
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-16 02:43:59  12楼
very good work :), I'm trying to cool the membut i cannot find a suitable "active" cooler for mem, :( I really want to have a look how you make it. last night i tried 270*9, 1:1, 3600MB/s, and it hangs my system when I play chancast, an emulator for DC, It only hangs on a specific background, which requires full load of CPU floating point arithmetic, after entering that sence, it hangs after around 10s. when i switch back to 250*10, it works fine. I disabled pagefile on win xp, sp2. Tonite i will enable it and test again. but i think maybe we can try to use higher voltage on CPU and HyperTransport and northBridge, I checked a lot forums and find someone do some hard mod on MB to get 3.1V for mem. There are many settings one can tweak from hardware to software, we need to try them out:) following link shows a vtt mod for kv8pro http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38946
you oc your graphic card at the same time? I find the bios AGP 2 options default
is disabled, you can try to turn on them to see if any stability gain and performance drop and decide.Also i find the nv refresh rate lock maybe a problem for this case. and i use powerstrip maybe also a reason for hang. any alternative solution with same function of powerstrip? i can not find the right crack for that. For memory 273Mhz @2.8V 3-4-4-8 with my home-made cooling, yesterday i tested the prime95 memory torture test. I stopped it after around 19 hours without any errors. i find in this speed the best CAS bootable into windows is 2.5 the the best timing i find is 2.5-4-4-10. the 4-4 can not be tweaked further and the command is auto in my setting( it is actually in 2T mode since if i mannul set 1T even can not show agp screen). for the 10 cycle time in 2.5-4-4-10, it is the most efficient way and give you the best performance for L1&L2 cache under sciencemark 2.0, but it doestn't boost any memory throughoutput under sandra. I will test the 2.5-4-4-10 timing today to see the stability.
作者:banmao (等级:4 - 马马虎虎,发帖:105) 发表:2004-09-16 03:13:01  13楼
Any articles on this timing issue? Can share some with me?I am interested in this. thank you for your advice.
suggested websites
驱动之家 www.mydrivers.com
超频网 www.ocer.net
超频者天堂 www.ocheaven.cn
作者:Kula (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:22073) 发表:2004-09-17 15:16:07  14楼
you oc your graphic card at the same time? I find the bios AGP 2 options defaultis disabled, you can try to turn on them to see if any stability gain and performance drop and decide.Also i find the nv refresh rate lock maybe a problem for this case. and i use powerstrip maybe also a reason for hang. any alternative solution with same function of powerstrip? i can not find the right crack for that. For memory 273Mhz @2.8V 3-4-4-8 with my home-made cooling, yesterday i tested the prime95 memory torture test. I stopped it after around 19 hours without any errors. i find in this speed the best CAS bootable into windows is 2.5 the the best timing i find is 2.5-4-4-10. the 4-4 can not be tweaked further and the command is auto in my setting( it is actually in 2T mode since if i mannul set 1T even can not show agp screen). for the 10 cycle time in 2.5-4-4-10, it is the most efficient way and give you the best performance for L1&L2 cache under sciencemark 2.0, but it doestn't boost any memory throughoutput under sand (more...)
I'm wating for your pictures :)
AGP 1WS WRITE and AGP 1WS READ will make my graphic not stable.
I only enable AGP FastWrite.

I will try 2.5-4-4-10 tonite, but need to cool the memory first :P

If pictures are larger than 2M, then mail to susheng25@gmail.com, thank you very much
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-17 19:26:32  15楼
I'm wating for your pictures :)AGP 1WS WRITE and AGP 1WS READ will make my graphic not stable. I only enable AGP FastWrite. I will try 2.5-4-4-10 tonite, but need to cool the memory first :P If pictures are larger than 2M, then mail to susheng25@gmail.com, thank you very much
Sent already to your hotmail.
as far as i know, a lot of ppl got the same problem with me with the 3-D game hang. everytime it happened, the pc stops responding and screen freezed, but it is only at the time i play some 3-D games, the system dump is showing that the bugcheck is "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ea (0x865b1b38, 0x8695fd20, 0xf7a53cb4, 0x00000001). A full dump was not saved." this message ,accoding to MS official site, is due to the display video card driver programmed badly and make the system into infinite loop. i have tested the prime95 for memory for up to 19 hours no errors, so i feel if the cooling is good, it will not be the memory problem but the V-card driver. also i suspect the via 4 in 1 drivers, since i find a lot of reports about this error, regardless it is a nv or ati card, seem all via chipset range from kt333 until kt800**. hope you can find out some solution.
作者:Kula (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:22073) 发表:2004-09-17 23:01:18  16楼
Sent already to your hotmail.as far as i know, a lot of ppl got the same problem with me with the 3-D game hang. everytime it happened, the pc stops responding and screen freezed, but it is only at the time i play some 3-D games, the system dump is showing that the bugcheck is "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ea (0x865b1b38, 0x8695fd20, 0xf7a53cb4, 0x00000001). A full dump was not saved." this message ,accoding to MS official site, is due to the display video card driver programmed badly and make the system into infinite loop. i have tested the prime95 for memory for up to 19 hours no errors, so i feel if the cooling is good, it will not be the memory problem but the V-card driver. also i suspect the via 4 in 1 drivers, since i find a lot of reports about this error, regardless it is a nv or ati card, seem all via chipset range from kt333 until kt800**. hope you can find out some solution.
didnt receive :(
can you resend to susheng25@gmail.com? I think stupid hotmail reject it coz it's large. thank you.

for me, if i go into a blue screen, it's DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESSTHAN,
and this is because i oc too much for system, i still think it's a system problem, coz if you dunt oc much, you wont get this kind of error, it causes system unstable.

I learnt lots people have this random crash problem, especailly when they play warcraft 3, so i guess some 3d game stress the system with a high-burst heavy load of floating point caculation, it's so strict that system cannot handle it in an oc stage...
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-18 00:50:35  17楼
didnt receive :(can you resend to susheng25@gmail.com? I think stupid hotmail reject it coz it's large. thank you. for me, if i go into a blue screen, it's DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESSTHAN, and this is because i oc too much for system, i still think it's a system problem, coz if you dunt oc much, you wont get this kind of error, it causes system unstable. I learnt lots people have this random crash problem, especailly when they play warcraft 3, so i guess some 3d game stress the system with a high-burst heavy load of floating point caculation, it's so strict that system cannot handle it in an oc stage...
susheng25@gmail.com send to this account
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-18 14:50:27  18楼
didnt receive :(can you resend to susheng25@gmail.com? I think stupid hotmail reject it coz it's large. thank you. for me, if i go into a blue screen, it's DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESSTHAN, and this is because i oc too much for system, i still think it's a system problem, coz if you dunt oc much, you wont get this kind of error, it causes system unstable. I learnt lots people have this random crash problem, especailly when they play warcraft 3, so i guess some 3d game stress the system with a high-burst heavy load of floating point caculation, it's so strict that system cannot handle it in an oc stage...
Did you receive that? And any progress so far?
作者:warcraft3 (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2004-09-20 11:06:07  19楼
how is your recent progress for the memory speed?
作者:Kula (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:22073) 发表:2004-09-20 13:39:12  20楼
how is your recent progress for the memory speed?
got it, thank you:)
a creative way of fixing fan, will the sticker melt or become soft when it becomes hotter.

I need to buy a fan. :P
论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 技术の宅 | 返回上一页 | 本主题共有 35 篇文章,分 2 页, 当前显示第 1 页 | 回到顶部
<<始页  [1]  2  末页>>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码