登录 | 首页 -> 华新鲜事 -> 创业求职 | 切换到:传统版 / sForum | 树形列表
关于Barclays Capital analyst online application
<<始页  [1]  2  3  下页>  末页>> 

关于Barclays Capital analyst online application我apply for analyst, 做过了两个tests之后,在application under review的时候就被拒了。原因不太明确,他们发的邮件上写,got other candidates whose skill more closely match their requirements.

请有经验的大侠出来指点一下

What are the skills they require?

诚挚感谢!!
[绿松石 (9-26 21:27, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]1楼

what position you applied?[老夫聊发少年狂 (9-26 22:19, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]2楼

(引用 老夫聊发少年狂:what position you applied?)Product Control under Finance...so wat do u think?[绿松石 (9-26 23:52, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]3楼

It is simply a generic rejection letter, does not mean much[知非 (9-27 23:44, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]4楼

(引用 知非:It is simply a generic rejection letter, does not mean much)我只是想知道他们为什么拒我。。很有点不爽,可能是因为第一次被拒。我讨厌不说明理由就这么被拒了。。。

突然有点想:就这么杀到Barclays的HR那里问个究竟。。。
[绿松石 (9-28 1:13, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]5楼

(引用 绿松石:我只是想知道他们为什么拒我。。很有点不爽,可能是因为第一次被拒。我讨厌不说明理由就这么被拒了。。。 突然有点想:就这么杀到Barcla...)Pick up the phone, call them and askOr write a email to them. Simple but sometimes useful.[香陵居士 (9-28 1:44, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]6楼

(引用 绿松石:我只是想知道他们为什么拒我。。很有点不爽,可能是因为第一次被拒。我讨厌不说明理由就这么被拒了。。。 突然有点想:就这么杀到Barcla...)我想他们是不会告诉你的只会告诉你有其他人比你更合适那个position. 说多的话,某些难缠的applicant会去和HR打官司。所有他们说的话都有可能被作为对他们不利的证据。[AXL (9-28 3:44, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]7楼

(引用 绿松石:我只是想知道他们为什么拒我。。很有点不爽,可能是因为第一次被拒。我讨厌不说明理由就这么被拒了。。。 突然有点想:就这么杀到Barcla...)各种原因都有可能比如你得verbal test做得不够好
非finance专业出身
cap不够高
课外活动不多
简历中有明显的语法错误
HR的人心情不好
等等。。

你问也问不到答案的。
[Economist (9-28 13:08, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]8楼

(引用 香陵居士:Pick up the phone, call them and askOr write a email to them. Simple but sometimes useful.)yah..guess i should do that...thx[绿松石 (9-28 22:02, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]9楼

(引用 绿松石:yah..guess i should do that...thx)Don't waste your time, it is meaninglessDon't waste your time on this. When you call them, the people should not remember who you are. Or even the people answering you is not the one who rejected you. They can provide you a routine answer, which is applied to all people. Use you time, try other companies.
By the way, your call will give them an impression that you are not professional.
[slamu (9-29 8:52, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]10楼

it means nothing but rejection跟说“我还有点事先走了“

一般人也不会问什么事呀什么事呀
[邓可 (9-29 13:21, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]11楼

(引用 slamu:Don't waste your time, it is meaninglessDon't waste your time on this. When you call them, the people should not remember who yo...)hmmmph...Yah...i was thinking of the pros and cons, yet haven't decided.

Now I agree with you that it's not professional to call back...You're rite...

Nod...nod...
[绿松石 (9-29 23:51, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]12楼

(引用 绿松石:我只是想知道他们为什么拒我。。很有点不爽,可能是因为第一次被拒。我讨厌不说明理由就这么被拒了。。。 突然有点想:就这么杀到Barcla...)没意义吧。难得见到你这样的applicant :)[ropin (9-30 3:34, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]13楼

现在申请还来得及马?[caca (10-2 19:58, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]14楼

(引用 caca:现在申请还来得及马?)Deadline is 30 Nov...Good luck![绿松石 (10-2 23:28, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]15楼

(引用 绿松石:hmmmph...Yah...i was thinking of the pros and cons, yet haven't decided. Now I agree with you that it's not professional to cal...)This is how chances can be wasted...It is never unprofessional to make this call. Be dedicated to your career and take every chance to know your drawbacks and improve it is a very professional behavior.

Try to do it in this way,
1. Find out the interviewer's namecard and give him a PERSONAL call instead of a business call; take him as a mentor in your career rather than interviewer. Never call the number in the reject letter or found on the company website. (If you don't have his name card, give up the idea of calling and ask for one next time.)
2. Mention something special in your interview so that the interviewer can recall whom you are. (If you really can not find one, don't call.)
3. Organize your words so that it gives people a impression of you are looking for points to improve yourself, instead of challenging their decision.
4. Write a email to show your appreciation after the call.

If you are a fresh graudate and already rejected. You really got nothing more to lose with this company. If you called, the interviewer may tell you frankly your significant problem which you never ever pay attention to. So don't be afraid of those who thinks you are unprofessional and lose a precious chance to improve yourself.
[香陵居士 (10-2 23:40, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]16楼

(引用 香陵居士:This is how chances can be wasted...It is never unprofessional to make this call. Be dedicated to your career and take every ch...)Thanx for ur advice...butfor my case, the rejection email was system generated, and I hv no clue of who rejected me. So basically I can do nothing...sigh...
[绿松石 (10-2 23:57, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]17楼

(引用 绿松石:Deadline is 30 Nov...Good luck!)xiexie!我觉得如果没有到面试阶段,打电话是没有用的。
努力争取拿到面试。
加油!
[caca (10-3 18:53, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]18楼

(引用 绿松石:Product Control under Finance...so wat do u think?)i am thinking about technology and credit risk, which one easier to apply?my background is in engineering field, have some programming skill, but i heard credit risk quite fun to do, can anyone give some suggestion which one easier to apply for?
thanks
[blueblue (10-6 20:59, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]19楼

(引用 blueblue:i am thinking about technology and credit risk, which one easier to apply?my background is in engineering field, have some progr...)as long as it involves risknothing would be fun[AXL (10-6 21:01, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]20楼

<<始页  [1]  2  3  下页>  末页>> 
登录 | 首页 -> 华新鲜事 -> 创业求职 | [刷新本页] | 切换到:传统版 / sForum