想买个120G的硬盘,有没有推荐的?稳定性第一
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 技术の宅 | 本帖共有 20 楼,当前显示第 19 楼 : 从楼主开始阅读 : 本帖树形列表 : 返回上一页
作者:逃课专家 (等级:11 - 出神入化,发帖:3794) 发表:2004-04-24 12:19:47  19楼  评分: 
Of course I never used, but your argue is not so strongBut as he is only concern on reliability, Savvio is a good choice. Actually LTO/DLT should be better, but this guy ask for HDD, not tapes. Space limit or cost is the must trade-off for guarantee reliability. Server HDD use more advanced techniques to ensure it from both design and implementation point of view that's why the space is limited and the cost is increased. 2.5-inch disc is better than 3.5-inch from design point of view as it have shorter seeking time (This is obvious as the seeking distance is shorter) and more important, more reliable as less repeatable runout (RRO) will occur (This is not so obvious but think it in this way, RRO is majorly caused by the air-flow caused by disc spinning, smaller disc cause less air-flow, thus less RRO). Generally the smaller is surely better For electrical-saw-like sound, I don't know where you get this idea, but I can tell you this is completely wrong. I had ever drived one 5400RPM desktop hardisk (or e (more...)
i am just telling the truth
1. maspero was asking "想买个120G的硬盘,有没有推荐的?”,therefore savvio's 37GB or 74GB available capacities are certainly out

2. i don't care what you did to spin a 5400rpm disk to 10000rpm and whatever accoustic result you got from it. i've been doing my IA in seagate and physically used all kind of SCSI disks. "10000rpm+ SCSI harddisks sound like 电锯" is both from my own experience and from the engineers who actually designed it. SCSI harddisks are mainly for servers which resides in a server room, whether they sound like a whisper or 电锯 is not a concern.

3. i am not saying 2.5' disks are not good. what i meant was spending tens of times of money on SCSI 2.5' harddisks than ordinary IDE 3.5' harddisks are of no point for a desktop system. by the way, your missed out one important point, smaller disk means less seek time but at the same time, in order to increase the relatively lower transfer rate (as compared to normal 3.5' design), the rpm must increase, which leads to more serious reliability problem. the real advantage of 2.5' disks is they generate less heat.

4. from maspero's point of view, i am sure that he wants more realistic answers than yours. almost everybody knows an $2000 RAID 5 with SCSI harddisks gives maximum performance and reliability. but have you ever considered getting such a set for your own desktop in your bedroom? expert?
Put your OWN COOL signature here!
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版只看此人从这里展开收起列表

本帖共有 20 楼,当前显示第 19 楼,本文还有 N-1 层楼,要不你试试看:点击此处阅读更多 >>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码