登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 技术の宅 | 本帖共有 5 楼,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 : 本帖树形列表 : 刷新 : 返回上一页
<<始页  [1]  末页>>
作者:逃课专家 (等级:11 - 出神入化,发帖:3794) 发表:2004-04-22 11:58:54  楼主  关注此帖
想买个120G的硬盘,有没有推荐的?稳定性第一主要用来存东西的,所以主要要稳定,要不然用不长就容易坏的可不好了。
WD
Put your OWN COOL signature here!
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版所有回复从这里展开收起列表
作者:逃课专家 (等级:11 - 出神入化,发帖:3794) 发表:2004-04-22 21:51:37  2楼
For IBM, i don't hear many complain for 100GXP and newer models.My pair of 80G IBM 100GXP series are working find after almost 2 year and 6 months even after more than 5 times moving, and more than 1 year of 24/7 FTP file sharing.
好像只有75GXP,60GXP,120GXP,180GXP和7K250
没有100GXP这个系列
作者:逃课专家 (等级:11 - 出神入化,发帖:3794) 发表:2004-04-22 21:58:53  3楼
多谢,你们都是指的这两个品牌的最新型号么?因为我知道有时候,硬盘这东西,可能新型号还不如旧的稳定。
印象中还没有见过WD硬盘崩溃的实例
其他各个牌子的硬盘都在朋友的机器上崩溃过,尤其是IBM 75GXP/60GXP系列,没有几个能挨过保修期的

无可否认IBM硬盘的性能是最好的,但就稳定性来说,消费者的信心还不能完全恢复。

想要更高的安全性的话,可以考虑RAID1/5,但需要若干个硬盘,而且RAID控制器可能要另外购买

WD硬盘的JB系列都是8MB缓存,并且具有3年的保修期
作者:逃课专家 (等级:11 - 出神入化,发帖:3794) 发表:2004-04-23 11:10:26  4楼 评分:
Seagate SavvioHDS is also a good choice.
have you used it before?
1. it is either 37GB or 74GB
2. it uses ultraSCSI 320 interface. a typical ultraSCSI 320 controller costs around $600
3. it's based on 2.5' design, what for?
4. 10000+ rpm SCSI disks sound like 电锯 when they're running
5. as far as reliability is concerned, Savvio is too new, therefore it's not been tested through by the public.
作者:逃课专家 (等级:11 - 出神入化,发帖:3794) 发表:2004-04-24 12:19:47  5楼 评分:
Of course I never used, but your argue is not so strongBut as he is only concern on reliability, Savvio is a good choice. Actually LTO/DLT should be better, but this guy ask for HDD, not tapes. Space limit or cost is the must trade-off for guarantee reliability. Server HDD use more advanced techniques to ensure it from both design and implementation point of view that's why the space is limited and the cost is increased. 2.5-inch disc is better than 3.5-inch from design point of view as it have shorter seeking time (This is obvious as the seeking distance is shorter) and more important, more reliable as less repeatable runout (RRO) will occur (This is not so obvious but think it in this way, RRO is majorly caused by the air-flow caused by disc spinning, smaller disc cause less air-flow, thus less RRO). Generally the smaller is surely better For electrical-saw-like sound, I don't know where you get this idea, but I can tell you this is completely wrong. I had ever drived one 5400RPM desktop hardisk (or e (more...)
i am just telling the truth
1. maspero was asking "想买个120G的硬盘,有没有推荐的?”,therefore savvio's 37GB or 74GB available capacities are certainly out

2. i don't care what you did to spin a 5400rpm disk to 10000rpm and whatever accoustic result you got from it. i've been doing my IA in seagate and physically used all kind of SCSI disks. "10000rpm+ SCSI harddisks sound like 电锯" is both from my own experience and from the engineers who actually designed it. SCSI harddisks are mainly for servers which resides in a server room, whether they sound like a whisper or 电锯 is not a concern.

3. i am not saying 2.5' disks are not good. what i meant was spending tens of times of money on SCSI 2.5' harddisks than ordinary IDE 3.5' harddisks are of no point for a desktop system. by the way, your missed out one important point, smaller disk means less seek time but at the same time, in order to increase the relatively lower transfer rate (as compared to normal 3.5' design), the rpm must increase, which leads to more serious reliability problem. the real advantage of 2.5' disks is they generate less heat.

4. from maspero's point of view, i am sure that he wants more realistic answers than yours. almost everybody knows an $2000 RAID 5 with SCSI harddisks gives maximum performance and reliability. but have you ever considered getting such a set for your own desktop in your bedroom? expert?
论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 技术の宅 | 返回上一页 | 本主题共有 5 篇文章,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 | 回到顶部
<<始页  [1]  末页>>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码