my opinionand
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 创业求职 | 本帖共有 3 楼,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 : 本帖树形列表 : 刷新 : 返回上一页
<<始页  [1]  末页>>
作者:wordance (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:29) 发表:2006-12-12 18:25:53  楼主  关注此帖评分:
不知道为什么大家都去申请银行-选择career需要三思如果说high pay,投资银行并不是唯一的选择,而且life span短,压力大,工作强度大,很容易被淘汰,除非你做得很好。可是很少有看到做投行做到五六十的,当然不排除有一些存够了钱退休的,可是大部分的呢?受不了工作压力,频繁的travel,命好的退到一些大的MNC里面的finance department。 欧美的investment bank同样competitive,大部分的大学毕业生都在学business and finance,欧美的engineering sector 严重缺人,所以如果看看他们的salary range就知道,engineer是远远高于investment banker的,而且principle engineer or lead engineer的年薪可达百万,(虽然这个数字不能跟在美国做医生的比)但也算不错的中产阶级了。 consulting firm, media firm 也是比较高压力的工作,工资高,travel多,虽说可以短时间内可以聚敛财富,接触到上流社会,可是看看"devil wear Prada",那样的生活又有多大的意义呢? 我觉得大家还是应该从自己兴趣出发,设立长远目标,不要怕少工资,工作时间长,最重要的是每一天是有意义的,充实的,自己热爱的,特长得到发挥的。Career 毕竟不只是个 job. :D 想自己开公司的人就最好不要在consulting firm高薪职位上待 (more...)
my opinionand
所以如果看看他们的salary range就知道,engineer是远远高于investment banker的,

r u sure? quote statistics to prove ur point, otherwise pls dont wilfully make up fictionary facts that mislead ppl.
i dont think it is true
from what i know, banks pay better salary throughout the world.

i know an American guy from Princeton EE. he told me for his batch only 3 of them went on to grad school, the rest of them all went to work. I thought, wow then it must be top-tier engineering companies like google or Intel so i asked him. guess what he replied? Investment banks. and he explicitly said that banks pay crazy money. and those investment bankers, although a lot of them burn out, they r just filthy rich...

而且principle engineer or lead engineer的年薪可达百万

same goes for top positions in investment banks. so this argument also doesn't hold

我觉得大家还是应该从自己兴趣出发,设立长远目标,不要怕少工资,工作时间长,最重要的是每一天是有意义的,充实的,自己热爱的,特长得到发挥的。Career 毕竟不只是个 job. :D

this part i strongly agree though.

I see your point and i generally agree with what you say
but just as someone has pointed out above, your arguments are really weak.

so those who r going for banking and finance jobs should really ask themselves: what drives me? is it the job itself? or is it the pay cheque that comes with it?

Put your OWN COOL signature here!
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版所有回复从这里展开收起列表
作者:wordance (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:29) 发表:2006-12-20 19:21:01  2楼 评分:
不知道为什么大家都去申请银行-选择career需要三思如果说high pay,投资银行并不是唯一的选择,而且life span短,压力大,工作强度大,很容易被淘汰,除非你做得很好。可是很少有看到做投行做到五六十的,当然不排除有一些存够了钱退休的,可是大部分的呢?受不了工作压力,频繁的travel,命好的退到一些大的MNC里面的finance department。 欧美的investment bank同样competitive,大部分的大学毕业生都在学business and finance,欧美的engineering sector 严重缺人,所以如果看看他们的salary range就知道,engineer是远远高于investment banker的,而且principle engineer or lead engineer的年薪可达百万,(虽然这个数字不能跟在美国做医生的比)但也算不错的中产阶级了。 consulting firm, media firm 也是比较高压力的工作,工资高,travel多,虽说可以短时间内可以聚敛财富,接触到上流社会,可是看看"devil wear Prada",那样的生活又有多大的意义呢? 我觉得大家还是应该从自己兴趣出发,设立长远目标,不要怕少工资,工作时间长,最重要的是每一天是有意义的,充实的,自己热爱的,特长得到发挥的。Career 毕竟不只是个 job. :D 想自己开公司的人就最好不要在consulting firm高薪职位上待 (more...)
yet another example
my fyp sup received his bachelor's degree in EE from University of Michigan ten years ago. he told me that he was the only one in his batch still doing engineering, and he himself worked in Credit Suisse for a few months but quit because he didn't like the job. Even some of the phD candidates in Cornell where he received phD degree from dropped out to work in the financial industry.

he said nowadays no one wants to work in engineering because the pay is lousy. when asked what his batchmates are doing now, the reply was "many of them are working in banks".

Mind you, University of Michigan is in the United States.

作者:wordance (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:29) 发表:2006-12-20 19:21:12  3楼
yet another examplemy fyp sup received his bachelor's degree in EE from University of Michigan ten years ago. he told me that he was the only one in his batch still doing engineering, and he himself worked in Credit Suisse for a few months but quit because he didn't like the job. Even some of the phD candidates in Cornell where he received phD degree from dropped out to work in the financial industry. he said nowadays no one wants to work in engineering because the pay is lousy. when asked what his batchmates are doing now, the reply was "many of them are working in banks". Mind you, University of Michigan is in the United States.
so is cornell
论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 创业求职 | 返回上一页 | 本主题共有 3 篇文章,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 | 回到顶部
<<始页  [1]  末页>>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码