求救!赴美开会B1签证被拒
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 社会百科 | 本帖共有 5 楼,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 : 本帖树形列表 : 刷新 : 返回上一页
<<始页  [1]  末页>>
作者:FHL (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:9) 发表:2004-09-13 17:13:12  楼主  关注此帖
求救!赴美开会B1签证被拒
我是NUS硕士学位(第二年),一篇paper被conference接受,于是申请美国B1/B2签证,竟然被拒!理由是我来新才一年,未婚,女性,所以很有可能去了之后不返回(三天的会议怎么就变成一去不复返?what a ridiculous reason!).
大家听到过这样的案例吗? 请问各位我该怎么办?是否要再申请?会议就在下个月底。多谢各位提成宝贵意见。

FHL
焦急中
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版所有回复从这里展开收起列表
作者:FHL (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:9) 发表:2004-09-13 17:27:25  2楼
Think not much chance...They can only give you nothing but ridiculous reasons, 'coz U.S. is a paradise to us in their eyes. In any case, I think you might have to sadly give up the chance... Based on my personal experience, re-apply will only add another reject record into your passport (and wasting your time and money).
Is it becoz i didn't ask for a travle agent to apply?
Thanks Flying. But I asked around at school and there's never a rejection case happened for a conference visa. I don't understand why it happened to me. Is it becoz i applied myself (walk-in interview) instead of asking a travle agent to process? Do you think if i ask a travle agent to apply it'd help?
U said "based on your persoanl experience".. So did you also get rejected for a conference? Can you share more of your personal experience? My MSN is "sshennews@hotmail.com".
Thanks for your kind help.
作者:FHL (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:9) 发表:2004-09-13 17:35:51  3楼
Never? I was rejected twice!There is some slight differences between walk-in and through travel agents. But if the reason they gave is as what you expressed, I'm not expecting a turn over easily... I got rejected twice for SIGGRAPH 2000 when I was in my 3rd year in NUS. Went through travel agency, got all the necessary documents and supports, but they were as ridiculous as they could. Finish.
Thanks Flying,a small question
Just curious Flying.They gave you the same reason as mine? just coz u r unmarried female?
作者:FHL (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:9) 发表:2004-09-13 18:03:29  4楼
oh ok. Tks!
作者:FHL (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:9) 发表:2004-09-15 18:32:46  5楼
你能列一下你递交的材料吗?Maybe I can give you some advice according to my experience.
these are the docs
invitation letter from the conference
status letter fm NUS
supporting letter from supervisor
bank statment
student pass (copy)

Many thanks for your kind help!
论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 社会百科 | 返回上一页 | 本主题共有 5 篇文章,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 | 回到顶部
<<始页  [1]  末页>>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码