收到lectuer写来的考后的一封信。。。很有感触。。
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 心情闲聊 | 本帖共有 11 楼,当前显示第 4 楼 : 从楼主开始阅读 : 本帖树形列表 : 返回上一页
作者:molecular (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:128) 发表:2003-11-20 01:17:01  4楼 
全文如下
Well, well… The exam is over. It's time to say goodbye. This is the last email you will receive from EC2152. Let me first apologize profusely for having to make a few changes to the exam questions. It has never happened to me before. I sincerely apologize.

I have tried to teach you macroeconomics the best I know how. I hope you have enjoyed the course at least, even if you have failed to learn any macroeconomics (hope not)! If you didn't enjoy the course, just know that I have done the best I can. The course is an embodiment of my character and I cannot apologize for who I am. I am sure some will be disappointed after you get your grade for this course, but there is very little I can do about that also given my constraint.

For those with more exams, good luck! No, no, this is not money illusion as not everybody in your other classes is taking EC2152.

For those already done with exams, have fun! This is the best time of your life (although when you finally realize it, it will already be too late, and so I am telling you now and asking you to trust me on this).

For those leaving Singapore soon, it was good to have you on board, bon voyage and au revoir. Thank you for choosing NUS economics.

For everybody who has completed the feedbacks on the IVLE, thank you and I have read them.

For those who missed my movie recommendation, I still want to highly recommend L'auberge Espagnole - the Spanish Apartment R(A), especially those thinking about doing an exchange program in the future. I gave it two very enthusiastic and excited thumbs up. p/s: I am not getting any commision for the recommendation.

I hope you find out who you are and the kind of person you want to be, esp if you had started your letter of introduction by saying "there is nothing interesting about me...". It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make yourself more interesting! Nobody else is responsible for that. In the long run (before we are all dead, maybe just me), that's much more important than getting an `A' for this course. I am sorry I still don't remember the face of every student. Just the other day, I say a student whom I thought was familiar. It took me 10 minutes to remember that he was in my tutorial class last semester. You must forgive the failing memory of an old man.

Finally, let me say that if there is a time for aspiration, it is this stage of your life - not the past, not the future, but the present! Keynes at least got one thing right: IN THE LONG RUN, WE ARE ALL DEAD. The crucial question for you is what you want to do with your life in the short run. And short run can be a long time, if you believe in Keynes.

So all the best! Signing off,
W

p/s: I would still be happy to chat with you. Gossips will be welcome. But please don't consult me on the stuff from EC3152. My job is already done. I don't meddle with the business of other professors, because I wouldn't want other professors to meddle with mine.

Put your OWN COOL signature here!
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版只看此人从这里展开收起列表

本帖共有 11 楼,当前显示第 4 楼,本文还有 N-1 层楼,要不你试试看:点击此处阅读更多 >>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码