My opinion (from the player's perspective)
所在版块:悟入棋途 发贴时间:2007-09-10 13:52

用户信息
复制本帖HTML代码
高亮: 今天贴 X 昨天贴 X 前天贴 X 
There is always a cloud of pessimism over the issue of bringing in top players from overseas to represent their teams.

I would also like to clarify further on my statement "invite them over to give the other Singaporeans from other teams the opportunities to play with these top players for free." What I am trying to say here is that Singaporeans from other teams have a chance to play with this top players (free of charge) during the competition without the need to be able to represent Singapore. How many people have the chance to represent Singapore, when the players representating Singapore, sad to say, are almost always the same few. This encounters with these top players, despite being only a game, our players will still learn from such encounters! I am confident that the players who had played Wan Chun Lin, Zhao Nu Quan or any other GM would have agree with me. Furthermore, it is the team that is trying to win that is spending the money.

For me, I would be very happy to be able to just play one game with Hu Rong Hua, or Liu Da Hua, or any other top ranking players overseas. I doubt many would be able to have such a chance.

So the team that recruited the help of a grandmaster might win the championship, but did the other teams totally lose out too? No... The other teams benefit from such an arrangement that their players had experience playing with such top hands. Also, they also have a close encounter to experience how these top hands handle chess positions and games. When should we ponder more in a game? When should we not? These are all valuable lessons to be learnt. This are not to be learnt from any chess books that are on the market. Of course, we will learn much more if we are able to communicate with the player during or after the games.

Furthermore, when a top player visit Singapore, the team that recruited his help also benefit. The players from that team can ask more specific questions personally and challenge him as well.

Therefore, I am strongly in disagreement with your statement that "It has no or little improvement to the skill levels of their other Singapore team members during the stay." Unless that top player invited only play in competitions and no other games during his stay here, then the benefits would be minimal but still existing.

I am also sure that many of the players have experience a bottleneck in their chess after some time. And it is hard to have a breakthrough. Perhaps the introduction of these top players could have sparked a breakthrough in some of these players if they have the chance to match up in the competition? This would be invaluable and would worth all the money spent!

You have also mentioned 黄少龙教授(中国象棋大师) and 言穆江(中国象棋大师). Yes, I have to agree that they are very nice people and have contribute a lot to try and improve the levels of chess wherever they go. Furthermore, they are heavily involved in the coaching of players. However, they are already not involved in competitive chess. Their level might be able to help the average players like me a lot. But to those strong Singaporean players, these masters' standards might not be enough for them to benefit much too. If we can get the whole of any of the existing team in the China League to just visit Singapore for a few days, That would be marvellous.

Let us also look at other board game in Singapore. From what I know, the team that represent Singapore for othello world cup last year included a former world champion from Japan. And the Singapore team got 3rd overall last year. Though the ranking is mostly due to that Japanese player, our players would have benefit much from fighting alongside with him. This is something not to be measured plainly by money.

In sum, those teams that valued so much of prestige and the champion would have gotten what they wanted from hiring these top hands. But they are also indirectly providing the chance for the other players to play with these people. There are lots of things to ponder about when considering whether or not to include foreign talents within the Singapore team, but I would still prefer to have a more positive attitude on this issue. And of course, this is the player's perspective. Sponsors almost always have to weigh amongst lots of factors before making a decision. The most important thing is where the sponsor's objective lies - the champion or the development of chess in Singapore...
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!

相关帖子 我要回复↙ ↗回到正文
哥南亚逸乐龄中心象棋会3周年会庆象棋团体友谊赛 (9月8日) -- 6 teams at 3 pm ?! 理解象棋   (78 bytes , 683reads )
比赛照片欣赏:by棋人生 卷心菜   (270 bytes , 192reads )
对局选:哥南亚逸A队胡一平先和飞鹰卷心菜 卷心菜   (924 bytes , 238reads )
不错不错 几度   (1946 bytes , 248reads )
多谢几度,我想探讨一下这个局里黑方右车的出路。 卷心菜   (330 bytes , 267reads )
回复之二 几度   (168 bytes , 202reads )
回复 几度   (830 bytes , 225reads )
成绩报告:甘榜格南8分获得冠军!哥南亚逸A,飞鹰,白沙东5分并列第二。 卷心菜   (178 bytes , 218reads )
一人多队, our current way to handle .... 棋人生   (914 bytes , 261reads )
谢谢发贴宣传 棋儒   (238 bytes , 216reads )
哥南亚逸乐龄中心象棋会3周年会庆象棋团体友谊赛 理解象棋   (395 bytes , 369reads )
怎么没有请BONA VISTA?好久没下这种比赛,手痒心痒 棋仙   (0 bytes , 231reads )
你不是可以找张心欢下吗? 几度   (64 bytes , 185reads )
不敢啊,张特大喜欢找我打广东麻将,不喜欢跟我下棋. 棋仙   (35 bytes , 222reads )
我相信棋仙喜欢比赛正式下,9月23就能下两场啊,呵呵。 卷心菜   (0 bytes , 195reads )
卷心菜有空办个华新赛啊。 几度   (0 bytes , 178reads )
我支持, 多几个棋队办些棋赛总是件好事 棋儒   (72 bytes , 202reads )
Usual due to limitation of space and budget, you may wish to ask..... 棋人生   (34 bytes , 204reads )
Clarify on "team friendly match" related matters .... 棋人生   (1323 bytes , 287reads )
told 棋儒that 哥南亚逸 is not a "good" place for 碧山in all three years .... 棋人生   (45 bytes , 256reads )
对不起,贵棋队运气差点 棋儒   (43 bytes , 169reads )
Players for more than a team ... my personal view 棋人生   (2002 bytes , 298reads )
To clarify on the 外援 marauder   (768 bytes , 296reads )
一点意见 几度   (208 bytes , 242reads )
Maybe my choice of words are wrong marauder   (293 bytes , 354reads )
刚和marauder聊了一下 几度   (190 bytes , 240reads )
嗯,本身在论坛上可各抒己见,大家都在努力使得新加坡象棋水平整体能有大飞跃。 卷心菜   (0 bytes , 269reads )
My personal reply (does not represent the opinion and ideals of my club) marauder   (1809 bytes , 249reads )
to share some personal views on good overseas players 棋人生   (2309 bytes , 222reads )
My opinion (from the player's perspective) marauder   (4438 bytes , 214reads )
From a player’s view, I would agree to most of your points...... 棋人生   (903 bytes , 289reads )
Board 6: 无级 张友彬 0-1 无级 魏琬妮; 魏琬妮将代表新加坡队参加10月澳门世界杯! 卷心菜   (48 bytes , 301reads )
I believe that you are refering to this lady called me on Friday ... 棋人生   (346 bytes , 268reads )
What do you mean by Grade 2? 几度   (36 bytes , 291reads )
I noticed that she played 5 games on Friday night .... 棋人生   (282 bytes , 275reads )
Does she have any title back in China? marauder   (182 bytes , 243reads )
find out more from her on Sunday afternoons at SIXGA .... 棋人生   (67 bytes , 312reads )
厉害厉害,看来有资本挑战特级大师张心欢。 卷心菜   (0 bytes , 203reads )
听我邻居陈茂然说她第五盘时累了,输给了他。 卷心菜   (0 bytes , 250reads )
Players for more than a team--我的一点意见 卷心菜   (2030 bytes , 247reads )
Yes, agree ..... 棋人生   (604 bytes , 219reads )
Is there a more specific breakdown of the results? marauder   (0 bytes , 316reads )
Ceremony at 3 pm, games start at 3:30 pm 棋人生   (0 bytes , 256reads )