登录 | 首页 -> 华新鲜事 -> 狮城财经 | 切换到:传统版 / sForum | 树形列表
The 2nd interview was tough...
<<始页  [1]  末页>> 

The 2nd interview was tough...Was interviewed by MD of IBD and another Head of Dept, both of whom looked pretty stern and seldom smiled. Maybe they were trying to "scare" me or impress me with the colder side of banking...hehe...

Among the questions the toughest one was the social role played by i-bankers and whether they are adding or destroying values. Not sure if my answers were satisfactory to them, nevertheless it was an interesting debate...

They told me they would notify me in two week. In the meantime, finger crossed...

Wish me luck, friends:) Thanks.

Cheers!
[CFA (10-13 9:33, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]1楼

What the hell is that question...social role of i-bank!!I believe I-bank is not equal to hedge fund, so it increase value... else, hedge fund make the market unstable but create liquidity....[frpapaya (10-13 10:01, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]2楼

(引用 frpapaya:What the hell is that question...social role of i-bank!!I believe I-bank is not equal to hedge fund, so it increase value... els...)The qn was originally like this......"What is the social role played by the i-bankers."

The value-adding or value-destroying one later came out during our "debate".
[CFA (10-13 10:04, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]3楼

really toughespecially when the interviewers were cold-face to you.
You did well. Good Lucks!
[affyoligo (10-13 14:13, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]4楼

2nd round is already MD, should be finalized after this round[ropin (10-13 17:01, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]5楼

(引用 CFA:The qn was originally like this......"What is the social role played by the i-bankers." The value-adding or value-destroying o...)i guess the question is not debatable.for any situation or occupation, one must trust that what he/she is doing can always create values for people in the world so the customer is willing to buy the value with their money.[fool (10-14 12:37, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]6楼

(引用 fool:i guess the question is not debatable.for any situation or occupation, one must trust that what he/she is doing can always creat...)Guess they were more interested in how i reasoned and presented an issue, ...... rather than the answer itself.

anyway no one can conclude that i-bankers are always adding value as sometimes they tend to create over-capacity in one sector and, indirectly, under-capacity in another. To some extent, the IT bubble could be attributable to the enthusiams (or shall i say "greed") of i-bankers.
[CFA (10-14 14:30, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]7楼

anyway, if u can get in it means bright career path waiting for you!!! good luck[brave_wolf (10-14 22:54, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]8楼

Good luck, buddy. Wish you get your dream job.oh, I mean career :P
[trader (10-15 19:49, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]9楼

Good luck, buddy. Wish you get your dream job.[trader (10-15 19:50, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]10楼

(引用 trader:Good luck, buddy. Wish you get your dream job.oh, I mean career :P )Thanks:) Fingers still crossed...[CFA (10-16 12:33, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]11楼

Fingers uncrossed, finally. ..I am rejected...

But I am fine, though a little disappointed as I had advanced that far. Anyway there are still many banks/financial institutions around. I will strike again!
[CFA (10-18 18:59, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]12楼

(引用 CFA:Fingers uncrossed, finally. ..I am rejected... But I am fine, though a little disappointed as I had advanced that far. Anyway t...)Don't worry, there are plenty of jobs aroundAnyway, I don't like that Bank much. [frpapaya (10-19 9:29, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]13楼

(引用 frpapaya:Don't worry, there are plenty of jobs aroundAnyway, I don't like that Bank much. )Pity. Keep tryingi believe you have the edge[海风 (10-19 19:02, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]14楼

(引用 海风:Pity. Keep tryingi believe you have the edge)Thanks for your encouragement. "Johnnie Walker" is my middle name:)[CFA (10-20 8:44, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]15楼

keep trying since so many bank and broker firms around, all the best[brave_wolf (10-20 23:54, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]16楼

<<始页  [1]  末页>> 
登录 | 首页 -> 华新鲜事 -> 狮城财经 | [刷新本页] | 切换到:传统版 / sForum