登录 | 首页 -> 华新鲜事 -> 社会百科 | 切换到:传统版 / sForum | 树形列表
how to make a folder private? What i mean is ....
<<始页  [1]  末页>> 

how to make a folder private? What i mean is ....Can i set a password to the folder? or make it invisible even ppl search it?

Thks.
[julian_hee (7-1 19:07, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]1楼

Assume you are using WinXP...(Anyway, you should always tell us your OS and version before asking such OS-specific questions!)

Simple way:
Using NTFS: check the folder's permission so that that only your own account can access.

Intermediate way:
Install 3rd party software the does it for you (lots of such software around...); or
Customize your folder's HTML view: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/COM-Tech/shell/article.php/c4517/ (can be easily circumvented by disabling HTML content in Explorer windows); or
If you don't mind the folder be zipped, just zip it, and add a password (as WinXP has built-in zip folder support, you can use it as if it were a folder, though operations will be slower.)

Advanced way:
Hack into registry and hide your folder in the way IE's cache is hidden (may be coupled with some of the previous methods to further protected your folder).
[Flying (7-1 20:19, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]2楼

(引用 Flying:Assume you are using WinXP...(Anyway, you should always tell us your OS and version before asking such OS-specific questions!) ...)Thks Flying, BUT ,,,First fyi, i'm using wins XP

I've tried to dl a few softwares fr www.downloads.com.. but they all are trial version, meaning they are only valid for a temporary period or allows limited times of access.

Is there any FREE software available?

Thks.
[julian_hee (7-1 22:05, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]3楼

(引用 julian_hee:Thks Flying, BUT ,,,First fyi, i'm using wins XP I've tried to dl a few softwares fr www.downloads.com.. but they all are tria...)Frankly, you do not have many alternatives...given that what you want is freeware.

Nevertheless, you may still find some hits by ploughing through Google...
e.g.: http://www.dirfile.com/hide_files_folders.htm

In any case, you can try to look for more hits. There should be some usable freeware out there.
[Flying (7-1 23:11, Long long ago)] [ 传统版 | sForum ][登录后回复]4楼

<<始页  [1]  末页>> 
登录 | 首页 -> 华新鲜事 -> 社会百科 | [刷新本页] | 切换到:传统版 / sForum