Shall I take this offer?
所在版块:狮城财经 发贴时间:2006-03-26 11:46

用户信息
复制本帖HTML代码
高亮: 今天贴 X 昨天贴 X 前天贴 X 

Hi experts there,
I got an offer from a company providing trustee, fund admin and custodian services.

The job scope is mainly verification of data from Reuter and Bloomberg System using VBA. Yet development comes as 2nd priority, maintenance seems to play a bigger role. So this position opens to both Business and IT graduates.

I am an IT fresh graduate, with the ambition to get into core business of banking industry in the long run. Taking this job, I get to learn about Reuter and Bloomberg as well as basic knowledge for securities, derivatives and fixed income. Yet I am wondering how such working experience benefits me if I hope to be involved in core business in the long run.

Second, what is difference between the kind of exposure I can get from such company compared to working in IT department in a bank or an out-sourced company?

Urgently looking forward to your advice.

Cheers.

Thank you very much.
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!

相关帖子 我要回复↙ ↗回到正文
Shall I take this offer? newday   (926 bytes , 633reads )
this one is a typical middle office job. Poseidon   (966 bytes , 406reads )
狂感谢! newday   (915 bytes , 231reads )
er? diff a bit box   (864 bytes , 381reads )
Thank you. 多谢关注。 newday   (882 bytes , 255reads )
get yourself a "Thing" that HR manageer will be interested in Poseidon   (274 bytes , 237reads )
hehe, this kind of discussion will then last till no end. Poseidon   (1494 bytes , 508reads )
Waho, with all the good characteristics you mentioned it seems that newday   (265 bytes , 298reads )
from what you asked, Poseidon   (443 bytes , 245reads )
haha, u r really sharp. newday   (615 bytes , 239reads )
我觉得你这样说大家还是不清楚这份工作要做什么。。 小蹦   (147 bytes , 262reads )
说的不错。 newday   (73 bytes , 269reads )
Need advice urgently, osz 拜谢。 newday   (0 bytes , 164reads )